Data privacy statementWe are delighted by your interest in the DENSO website and in our products. When you use our website and our online services, the protection of your privacy is very important. If personal data are processed, we observe the applicable data protection regulations.
1. General information on data processing
1. Scope and purpose of the processing of personal dataWe shall collect, store and use your personal data only insofar as this is necessary for the provision of a functional website and our contents and services offered on the website. The collection and use of your personal data shall generally only take place with your consent. An exception shall apply in cases in which the processing of the data is permitted due to statutory provisions.
2. Legal basis for the data processingThe processing your personal data shall take place on the basis of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). If you have granted us consent to process personal data for specific purposes, Art. 6 (1) a GDPR shall serve as the legal basis for the processing of personal data. Consent which has been granted may be revoked you at any time. Please note that the revocation shall only have effect for the future. Data processing which has taken place before the revocation shall not be affected by this. The processing of personal data within the framework of the execution of contracts in which you are a party, or for the performance of precontractual measures which are carried out on your request shall take place on the basis of Art. 6 (1) b GDPR. The purposes of the data processing shall comply with the respective contractual documents and the subject matter of the contract. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 (1) c shall be the legal basis for this. If the data processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of DENSO or a third party (e.g. for the assertion legal claims and for defence in the event of legal disputes; for guaranteeing IT security; for the prevention of criminal offences; for measures for business management and for the further development of services and products) your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 (1) f GDPR shall serve as the legal basis for the processing.
3. Data deletion and storage periodWe shall process and store your personal data for as long as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the respective purpose. The data may be stored beyond this period if this is provided for by statutory provisions to which we are subject as the controller. If the data is no longer necessary or if a storage period prescribed by these provisions has expired, your data shall generally be deleted.
4. Access to personal data within the DENSO Group and by third partiesWithin the DENSO Group, the departments which require your data to complete their tasks shall receive access to it only when necessary and to the smallest possible extent. We may only pass data on to third parties outside the DENSO Group if this is necessary, if a statutory provision orders this, if you have consented to this or if order processors commissioned by us have contractually undertaken to comply with the provisions of the GDPR and the BDSG. Under these conditions, recipients of personal data may be: competent internal specialist departments and external service providers if necessary.
5. Transmission of personal data to a third country or to an international organisationA data transmission to countries outside the EU/EEA (so-called third countries) shall only take place if this is necessary or prescribed by the law, if you have granted your consent to this or in the context of order processing.
6. IT security and links to websites of third partiesThe DENSO Group shall employ technical and organisational security measures to protect your data which is administered by us from accidental or deliberate destruction, manipulation, loss or access by unauthorised persons. These security measures shall be adapted to the latest technical options. Our websites may contain links to websites of other providers. Our data privacy information shall not apply to these third party websites.
7. Obligation to provide personal dataWhen concluding contracts, you must provide the personal data which are necessary for the establishment, execution and termination of the contract and of the obligations for fulfilment arising from this or which DENSO is obliged by law to collect. Without these data, no contract with DENSO can come into effect.
2. Data processing processes in the provision of the website and the creation of log filesWhen you visit our website, our web servers shall generally record and collect the name of your internet service provider, your IP address, the website from which you are visiting us, the pages you visit on our website, and the date and duration of your visit. These data shall be stored in the log files of our systems. The use of the IP address shall, however, be limited to the extent which is technically necessary. It shall be shortened and thus only used in an anonymised form, so that an assignment of the IP address to a user is not possible. The data shall not be linked to personal data. The legal basis for the temporary storage of the data shall be Art. 6 (1) f GPDR. The temporary storage of the shortened IP address by our systems is technically necessary in order to allow the website to be provided to your device. The storage in log files shall take place to ensure the functionality of the website. An analysis of the data for marketing purposes shall not take place in this context. Our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Art. 6 (1) f GDPR shall be found in these purposes. The recording of the data on the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files are absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, you as the user shall have no option of objecting to this.
3. Data processing with regard to the services offered on the websiteVarious services are offered on the website which require personal data from you before they can be used. The transmission of personal data by you to us shall always be voluntary.
1. Ordering of publicationsYou can order brochures and websites which are offered on this website. To place an order, you must provide your title, forename and surname, company name, town / country, e-mail address, telephone number. These personal data shall be stored by us and shall, at the same time, be transmitted to the competent department in the DENSO Group and stored there too. At the time of the submission of your order, the date and time of the entry shall also be stored. The personal data shall be used by us and by our competent department exclusively for the completion of your orders. The legal basis for the processing of personal data shall be Art. 6 (1) a GPDR. The personal data and the additional data collected during the order process shall be deleted at our company after six months by order processors engaged by us, after the order and dispatch process has been completed and no statutory retention periods exist anymore. You have the option of revoking your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by sending an e-mail to info(at)denso-group(dot)com. In this case, all the personal data which was stored in the course of establishing contact shall be deleted with effect for the future. Depending on the time of your revocation, it may no longer be possible for ordered publications to be sent. During the order process, cookies shall be placed on your device to save the shopping basket. You can find further information on the cookies used in Section IV of this statement.
2. Use of our enquiry formContact and enquiry forms are available on our website and can be used for making contact with us electronically. To use the enquiry form, you must provide the mandatory information marked with an asterisk in the corresponding input mask (e.g. which project or application you are interested in, the desired product, the construction project, your title, forename and surname, your country and your e-mail address). All the other information shall be optional for you. This personal information shall be transmitted to the competent department of our company and stored in our systems. At the time of the submission of your message, the date and time of the entry shall also be stored. Your consent to the processing of the data shall also be obtained during the enquiry process. The data provided by you in the input mask shall be used exclusively to process your enquiry. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data shall be Art. 6 (1) a GPDR. The data shall be deleted as soon as the communication process has been completed. You have the option of revoking your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by sending an e-mail to info(at)denso-group(dot)com. In this case, all the personal data which was stored in the course of establishing contact shall be deleted with effect for the future. Depending on the time of your revocation, it may no longer be possible to get in touch with us.
3. Use of the DENSO contact information for direct contactsOn the website, we provide the option of directly contacting competent people in the DENSO Group by telephone or e-mail. Sections 1 and 2 shall apply according for the storage of your communication data. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data after making contact shall be Art. 6 (1) a GPDR. The data shall be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary for achieving the purpose of making contact directly with a person. Therefore, the data shall be stored for as long as you are actively in contact with the competent person. You have the option of revoking your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time with effect for the future by sending an e-mail to info(at)denso-group.com. In this case, all the personal data which was stored in the course of establishing contact shall be deleted. A revocation of consent shall not affect the legitimacy of the processing which has taken place on the basis of the consent granted until the revocation.
4. Creation of a user profile for customised advertising and informationWe want to submit quotations to you which are as customised as possible. We would like to use the information about your user behaviour which is transmitted and automatically generated when you visit our website to design advertising which is tailored to you and your interests. For this purpose, you will be asked for your consent to the creation of a personal user profile. In the user profile, we shall store the personal data provided by you during your registration for “DENSO Service”, supplemented by your transaction data on this website or in the information and marketing communications sent by us to you. Transaction data is information about your user behaviour, e.g. which sections, articles and contents you access on our website or in our newsletter and at what time, or receipt or reading confirmations for e-mails and newsletters. We shall analyse this user profile exclusively to send you custom-tailored information and advertising, provided that your express consent to the usage of data for information and advertising purposes is available on the basis of your registration for the “DENSO Service”. For this purpose, we may also engage third parties (service providers) with whom an order processing contract exists, and pass your data on to such third parties. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data after registration shall be Art. 6 (1) a GPDR. The data shall be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary for achieving the purpose of your collection. Therefore, the data shall be stored for as long as your consent to data tracking is active. You have the option of revoking your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time with effect for the future by sending an e-mail to info(at)denso-group(dot)com or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in received messages and thereby of unsubscribing from the data tracking. In this case, all the personal data which was stored in the course of establishing contact shall be deleted. A revocation of consent shall not affect the legitimacy of the processing which has taken place on the basis of the consent granted until the revocation.
7. Your rights as a data subjectIf your personal data is processed, you are a data subject in terms of the GDPR, and you have the following rights vis-à-vis us as the controller:
1. Right of of access (Art. 15 GDPR)You can demand a confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us. If such processing is taking place, you can demand access to the information provided for by the law (see Art. 15 (1) GDPR) and be informed about appropriate safeguards in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer if the personal data concerning you is being transmitted to a third country or to an international organisation. The restrictions in Sections 34 and 35 BDSG shall exist.
2. Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR)You have a right to demand rectification and/or completion of us if the processed personal data is incorrect or incomplete. We must perform the rectification immediately.
3. Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)Under the statutory conditions (see Art. 18 (1) GDPR), you may demand a restriction of the processing of the data concerning you. Please see Art. 18 (2) and (3) GDPR for the consequences of the restriction.
4. Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR)You may demand that the personal data concerning you is deleted immediately, and we are obliged to delete this data immediately if one of the grounds in Art. 17 (1) GDPR applies. A right to erasure shall not exist in the cases of Art. 17 (3) GDPR. The restrictions in Sections 34 and 35 BDSG shall also exist.
5. Right to informationIf you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing to us, we are obliged to inform all the recipients to whom your personal data have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of the processing, unless this proves to be impossible or is associated with disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed by us about these recipients.
6. Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. We refer to Art. 20 GDPR for details.
7. Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR)You shall have the right to to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on point Art. 6 (1) e or f GDPR. Further details can be found in Art. 21 GDPR. Furthermore, you shall have a right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR in conjunction with Section 19 BDSG.
8. Name and address of the controllerDENSO - Holding GmbH & Co. KG
Mr Bernd Mückenhausen Felderstrasse 24, 51371 Leverkusen Germany
9. Address of the data protection officerDENSO-Holding GmbH & Co. KG Mr Bernd Mückenhausen
Data protection officer
Felderstrasse 24, 51371 Leverkusen
Germany Telephone: +49-(0)214-2602-0
E-mail: info(at)denso-group(dot)com As at: Version 1.0, 25th May 2018 © DENSO-Holding GmbH & Co. KG